Death Grip‘s almost done and we’re hoping to have DVDs available at the theatrical premiere on June 30th. Our plan is to have DVDs and Blu-Rays available at the showing, with the following special features (none of these are guaranteed, but they’re planned):
- Death Grip Feature Film (in 1080p on Blu Ray)
- Cast & Crew Commentary, plus a commentary track with me and my mom
- Making of Death Grip – A behind-the-scenes look at how the film was made, including interviews with cast and crew, plus comments from Haywire‘s fight choreographer, J. J. Perry, and Shahar Sorek from Bunraku. (Roughly 60 minutes in length)
- Original, Action-Packed Compound Scene including an unused fight with Johnny Yong Bosch
- Deleted Scenes
- Stunt People Sizzle Reel
- SP Shorts in 1080p like Paper Pushers, Ness, Hand Over Fist, Informant, etc.
- whatever else I can fit on there
If I run out of space, I’ll start from the top and work my way down until I run out of room on the disc.
Right now the film’s progress is:
- Editing: Done
- Visual Effects: Done
- Color Correction: 95%
- Music: 95%
- Key Art: 80%
- Titling: 80%
- Sound design: 50%
- Behind the Scenes Editing: 20% (most of the work is just cataloging)
Meanwhile, we’re brewing the next film. Excited as I am, I can’t give anything away, but soon I will! You’ll hear it here first.